Our Elected Leaders
The UUCS Board of Directors is the governing body of the Church. It represents and acts for the Congregation in setting policy and conducting Church business. The Board ensures that the operations of UUCS are managed effectively in collaboration with Ministers and Staff, in accordance with the Bylaws. They operate under a Board Covenant
The UUCS Board of Directors holds regular meetings 5:30 pm on the second Monday of each month in the UUCS fellowship hall. Anyone can attend these meetings.
Board duties include:
- providing facilities for services and activities
- setting church policy
- overseeing committees
- assuring services of a Minister
- appointing and reviewing staff
- administering finances and physical properties
- providing annual financial review/audit
- appointing delegates to continental and regional assemblies/councils
- maintaining a Manual of the Policies and Procedures approved by the Board
Members of the UUCS Board of Directors include:
- The Board Chair, who serves as Executive Officer.
- The Vice-Chair, who performs the Chair’s duties in their absence.
- The Secretary, who keeps records and conducts correspondence.
- The Treasurer, who acts as fiscal officer of the Congregation.
- Six (6) Directors who serve two year, staggered terms.
- The Past Chair, who serves for one year following their term of office.
- A Youth Representative may attend (non-voting).
Current Board Members
I have been attending UUCS since 1993 and joined in 1994. I became active in the RE program initially, and both my children went through the program, right up through Bridging. Most recently I’ve been serving on the Intern Minister Committee and the Safer Congregations … read more.
Finance Team Chair
Stewardship Team member
Facilities Team member
I am humbled to be elected for the UUCS Treasurer. I will work with the Board to establish systems to insure UUCS has robust finances as well as manage UUCS finances. Being Finance Team chair, … read more.
I grew up in Chicago and moved to Salem after college and have lived here for 30 years. I have a son in college and work as a librarian.
I started attending UUCS in 2015 or 2016 and became a member in 2017. I am a … read more.
Past Board Chair
Lifelines Lay Minister
RE Team Volunteer
Membership Team Member
Women’s Alliance co-Chair
I have been a member of UUCS since 1973. I was raised in the Disciples of Christ Christian Church and attended Morningside Methodist when I first moved here in 1968. Before coming to Salem … read more.
I am a retired psychologist. Jo and I have been members of this congregation since 1995. It is part of my support system. My biggest contribution (if that’s the right word) has been singing in the choir. I served on the original “personnel committee” until … read more.
I am currently semi-retired and now working part time for Linn County General Services. In the past I’ve worked at Willamette University, leaving there in 2004 as the Maintenance Supervisor for the campus and meeting the needs of the infrastructure for approximately 1.3 million square … read more.
I come from a religious background. My parents were missionaries in the Kodiak Island region of Alaska. I sang in church choirs, and in high school and college choirs. After college, however, I was engaged in family and work activities and did not have … read more.
For over 20 years, I have been a member of various UU congregations. The first church was in upstate New York. The membership was rather small. My wife Anna, a fellow UU member, was interested in finding a spiritual home for our two children. The … read more.