There are many opportunities to volunteer in our congregation. We have interest groups, teams, activities and committees (and special events) and you may have a special skill or interest that fits, or you may just want to help.
- After each service, work on the coffee crew, either regular or substitute
- Help out at the Soup Kitchen, Kairos Community Lunch
- Religious Exploration volunteer opportunities
- Landscape crew: Work parties as scheduled or specific responsibilities
- Fellowship Team helpers, to help put on events
- Operations Team helpers, to accept periodic maintenance responsibilities
- Webteam: help, to maintain the UUCS website,
- Facebook team: post events and information to the UUCS Facebook page
- Tech team: operate sound system or projector during Sunday services and at other times
- Office helpers: assist the office staff with a variety of tasks
- Hosts: Welcome people attending Sunday morning service
This team already has about six members working on the web page, Facebook, the newsletter, and publicity. More participants would be very welcome, particularly in the publicity area! If you have computer skills and could help write press releases, list events online in the local media, or write copy, please contact Vicki Cunningham
Salem Interfaith Hospitality Network (SIHN) will be hosting families at the church for one week, Sunday through Sunday about every three months. We need numerous volunteers to serve meals, stay overnight and spend time with the families for a couple of hours. Watch for an announcement on Sunday, a write-up in the newsletter, and a sign-up sheet in the fellowship hall as our turn to help out approaches.
Thanks for your continued support of SIHN. The Coordinators thank you.