Religious Exploration Team
The Religious Exploration (RE) Team supports the Religious Exploration Program of UUCS.
Participation in religious exploration provides children and youth with a supportive community in which to grow their Unitarian Universalist identity. Our hope is that through regular participation in religious exploration activities, children and youth will enhance their ability to: experience a sense of the sacred, learn what it means to be a UU, clarify personal religious values, and express personal convictions through actions.
The RE Team supports the Religious Exploration Program by:
- Providing a range of viewpoints regarding the RE Program’s mission and goals.
- Acting as a sounding board for our Director of Lifespan Religious Exploration.
- When issues arise, coming to consensus as to the best course of action in resolving them.
- Coming up with activity ideas for parents and families.
- Taking on specific volunteer projects to support the RE Program.
- Reporting to the Board and Program Council.
Our team is made up of members and friends of the congregation. If you are interested, meetings are usually held on third Sundays at 12:15 pm. Additional meeting times are arranged for subcommittees. We communicate via a Google email group and in person. You can contact the RE team at RE.Team@uusalem.org .
You do not need to be on the RE Team to volunteer with the RE Program! We have many volunteer opportunities, from working directly with the kids to helping prepare for for one-time activities. If you’re interested in getting involved, let our UUCS office staff know or contact the RE Team.