We welcome you! You are invited to explore our principles while we honor your freedom of conscience. Our congregation celebrates the presence and participation of all, regardless of spiritual beliefs, age, gender, abilities, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, or gender identity. High School age participants at UUCS are known as Young Religious Unitarian Universalists, or “YRUUs” (WHY-roos).
During regular Sunday Services, YRUUs have the option of staying in the sanctuary with the adults or helping with the younger children (first service) or participating in the Chalice Youth group during the second service. Our group of high school students also meets every Thursday from 6:30 to 8:15 with advisers.
Some YRUUs also get together at additional times for extracurricular activities beyond the Sunday worship and learning. YRUUs get together, learn together, and have fun together. Below are some of the activities that are available:
- Youth Con (Conference) Fall (October 21, 22, and 23, 2015) and Spring
- Youth Winter Retreat with other Willamette Valley congregations (TBA )
- Anti bullying campaign
- Youth Service: A complete service created and led by the YRUU’s in collaboration with Youth Advisors, Director of RE and Reverend Davis
- Help with the Multigenerational Holiday Service
- Volunteer as classroom helpers and greeters
- Volunteer to join a variety of UUCS Teams and Committees
- Service Field Trips/Volunteering in the community
- Sleep overs at UUCS with Youth Group
- Craft projects and discussions that extend the learning in the yearly curriculum
- Collecting money for the Religious Exploration yearly offering project
- Fundraisers for the youth program and other special projects
- Volunteer for the Cordon Road Clean-up
- Help with the Landscape Committee
- Play games and enjoy each other’s company!