Our Elected Leaders
The UUCS Board of Directors is the governing body of the Church. It represents and acts for the Congregation in setting policy and conducting Church business. The Board ensures that the operations of UUCS are managed effectively in collaboration with Ministers and Staff, in accordance with the Bylaws.
The UUCS Board of Directors holds regular meetings from 6 to 9 pm on the second Thursday of each month in the UUCS fellowship hall. Anyone can attend these meetings.
The Chair may call executive sessions to address confidential subjects, to protect personal privacy or congregational interests. Individuals who have been members of the congregation for at least one year, are over 18 years old, and do not have a family relationship with paid employees are eligible to run for Board office.
Board duties include:
- providing facilities for services and activities
- setting church policy
- overseeing committees
- assuring services of a Minister
- appointing and reviewing staff
- administering finances and physical properties
- providing annual financial review/audit
- appointing delegates to continental and regional assemblies/councils
- maintaining a Manual of the Policies and Procedures approved by the Board
Members of the UUCS Board of Directors include:
- The Board Chair, who serves as Executive Officer.
- The Vice-Chair, who performs the Chair’s duties in their absence.
- The Secretary, who keeps records and conducts correspondence.
- The Treasurer, who acts as fiscal officer of the Congregation.
- Six (6) Directors who serve two year, staggered terms.
- The Past Chair, who serves for one year following their term of office.
- A Youth Representative may attend (non-voting).